Advanced Pathology Testing
About 4Cyte Pathology
- 4Cyte is Australia’s newest privately owned pathology company.
- Our aim is to provide exceptional service to all of our patients and clients.
- Our passionate team offers a wealth of experience to bring you the best service possible.
- Operating since January 2018, we have 2 main laboratories in Sydney and Melbourne and over 200 collection centres, and counting.
We operate with highly experienced pathologists, specialists and scientists in all of these fields.
Our outstanding collection staff offer a quick and convenient specimen collection experience to our patients in our collection centres.
We also offer home visits for patients who are not mobile enough to attend our collection rooms.
For the convenience of our referring clinicians, we also provide a simple pathology stores ordering system on request.
Please contact us on 13 42 98 for more information.
Our Pathology Services
4Cyte pathology offers extensive services including:
- Chemical Pathology
- Molecular Diagnostics
- And more to come!
To get a blood test you need to:
- See a doctor to get a request form.
- Come to one of our collection centres to have your sample taken.
- Return to your Dr to get your results.
- A fasting blood test is a test where the results can be heavily impacted by your diet.
- If your Dr asks you to fast for a test it means they want to know about your results on an empty stomach.
This means you are not allowed to eat or drink anything except for water for 8-12 hours before your test.
- If your test, your Dr, or your form says N.B.M or Nil By Mouth, then your fasting instructions will be different. There may be restrictions on your food, water, medication, brushing teeth, smoking and more. Please consult your doctor if you are unsure.
- Generally speaking, you can continue to take your medication as per usual leading up to your tests, however, some tests do require that you withhold medication.
- Usually, tests that require the medication to be withheld will be testing that medication itself.
- If you are not sure what to do with regard to your medication, you should seek advice from your Doctor.
Turn around times vary depending on the tests requested and the testing procedures, but the information below can be used as a general guide:
- Most blood test results will be available the same day the blood is taken.
- Tests for bacterial culture and some viral tests may take 2-3 days to process.
- Tests for fungal culture and some serologies can take 4-8 weeks due to the slow-growing nature of the organisms.
Your stool sample can be stored overnight if necessary. If you are doing this, it is important to ensure that:
- Screw the lid on tightly.
- Place the sample jar in a sealed bag.
- Place the sealed bag inside the specimen bag.
- Keep the whole package refrigerated.
- After your sample is collected it will be picked up by one of our couriers and brought back to the lab for processing.
- Once the tests are complete your sample will be stored in our lab for approximately 7 days from the date of collection in case your doctor asks for any more tests to be done on it.
- Once the storage time has elapsed or your sample has expired it will be destroyed and discarded.