WEIGHT LOSS DOCTOR
Doctor assisted 12 Week Weight LOSS Management Program
A 12 week Adult Weight Loss & Weight Management program that can help you lose weight and keep it off!
Have you been trying to lose weight without success? Struggling to maintain healthy habits? Can’t shake off that excess weight?
We all know that New Year’s resolutions don’t work and with so many diet programs and fads out there which one is for you?
At Medsana, we are offering a Brisbane based 12 week weight loss management program that is tailored to your weight loss goals while having access to an experienced medical team who can assist you along your weight loss journey.
The program is suitable for all ages and may help you improve your:
- blood-glucose levels,
- blood pressure,
- sleep apnoea,
- waist circumference,
- risk to possible heart disease,
- and health related quality of life.
We’re in it for the long run with you. Starting with the 12 week weight loss program we provide on-going support which includes tracking and reports. We use the Valita platform which communicates with your Valita App on your device.
Additional things to note:
- Health fund rebates may be available. Check with your health fund.
- Medications available at local pharmacy. Extra needles can be purchased from the pharmacy.
- Low energy meal replacements can be ordered via the dietitians or local pharmacy.
Video: Valita Patient App Demo
Why Choose Medsana Doctors?
Losing weight is hard and with so many weight loss programs available it’s even harder to determine which one best suits you.
Together with your weight loss doctor and a team of allied health professionals, you can be confident that you’ll receive the best care with a tailored and holistic approach to your weight loss journey.
- Over 15 years General Practice Experience
- Certified with the World Obesity SCOPE Certification
- Member of the Paediatric Obesity Health Transformers Committee
- Registered to deliver Focused Psychological Strategies
- Initial GP assessment visit are bulk billed. The initial assessment appointment will be about an 1hr to understand your goals and needs (30mins nurse & 30mins doctor). If appropriate, treatments will commence. Usual GP consultation fees applies after the initial consult (see fees page).
- Our allied health services are bulk billed for eligible patients. Otherwise private consultations fees apply – Medicare or private health fund rebate available for eligible patients.
- No additional charge for our nurses to give you your weekly injections (GLP-1 RA).
- Modern equipment – Standing and sitting scales for up 360kg.
- On going support from our medical team to help you achieve weight loss success.
Young Persons Weight Management Program - commencing July 2022!
Medsana has developed a structured children’s weight management program based on the NSW government’s 8 Healthy Habits and World Obesity Federation Modules.
After the initial medical assessment(s) we will work with the young person and their family through the 8 Healthy Habits. The first consult is bulk-billed.
Our approach will be based on the best available evidence at the time. Our team will try to achieve life-long lifestyle improvements for our young people. When appropriate, our approach may also include weight loss medication and dietary prescriptions. This may occur after the appropriate consultations with paediatricians and specialists. There will be no quick fixes. We are here to support the life-long management of obesity so that our young people achieve good health outcomes and wellness in the long-term.
See the Young Persons Patient Journey for further details: