PHYSIO + REHAB
EMPOWERING YOU TOWARDS RECOVERY AND A HEALTHIER LIFE.
How Can A Physiotherapy Benefit You?
A physiotherapist can treat you if you have a problem with pain or movement. Physiotherapy could help you become more mobile and make you more comfortable.
Depending on the reason for treatment, the benefits of physical therapy include:
- Pain management with reduced need for opioids
- Avoiding surgery
- Improved mobility and movement
- Recovery from injury or trauma
- Recovery from stroke or paralysis
- Fall prevention
- Improved balance
- Management of age-related medical problems
- Manage diabetes and vascular conditions
Bulk billing/Private sessions:
- Standard Initial Consult (30 mins session) – $87
- Standard Subsequent Consult (30 mins session) – $77
Improving Physical Well-being
Our Physiotherapy team can retrain your body to regain physical ability and independence. We also have specific skills in assessing and managing pain.
Some of the modalities we use include:
- motor relearning
- therapeutic exercises
- functional electrical stimulation
- splinting and casting
- postural and positioning advice
- aquatic physiotherapy (hydrotherapy)
- prescription of aids
- orthosis and equipment
- electrotherapy, and more.
APA Titled Neurological Physiotherapist
(BPhty, MSc (Rehab))
With vast experience in her profession, Jo has several skills available to her patients. These skills include vestibular therapy, gait retraining using functional electric stimulation, balance retraining, running training for the neurological population.
Today, she is the principal of My Rehab Team. She is also a clinical tutor and delivers lectures at UQ. Additionally, she is the secretary for Queensland Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Network (QPRN).
Jacob’s skills and interests include dry needling, musculoskeletal intervention and spinal conditions.