R U OK? Day is Thursday 10 September 2020. It’s our national day of action when we remind Australians that every day is the day to ask, “Are you OK?” if someone in your world is struggling with life’s ups and downs.
As part of R U OK? Day, Medsana Medical Clinic would like to raise awareness of psychology funding that is available to our community. If you are looking for support with your wellbeing and mental health, we can work alongside you to provide a tailored approach that will help you meet your personal goals and live the life you choose. All of our services are driven by an inclusive, recovery oriented framework that recognises the importance of family, friends and community in helping people live rich and meaningful lives. Brisbane South PHN and Wesley Mission funds services for those that meet eligibility criteria.
Eligibility Criteria includes:
All clients must be socioeconomically disadvantaged, in addition to one of the below contributing factors:
• Living in rural and remote communities
• Being a child under the age of 12 years, who has been, or is at risk of, developing a mild to moderate mental illness, childhood behavioural or emotional disorder
• Experiencing, or at risk of, homelessness
• Experiencing perinatal depression/anxiety
• Being at risk of suicide or self-harm
• Identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and/or questioning
• Being an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Person
• Experiencing domestic and/or family violence
If you meet these criteria and are interested in discussing your mental health with professionals, please contact us on (07) 3852 4878 for more information. Dr Linh Cheung can help create a GP Mental Health Care Plan and do appropriate referrals, then monitor progress and help support patients through their plans.
For more information about this program, please visit https://www.wmq.org.au/mental-health-services/brisbane-south-psychological-therapies-program
For information about other mental health services, please visit https://www.wmq.org.au/mental-health-services