Medsana Medical Clinic is taking part in Walk to Work Day Supporting Diabetes Australia on Friday 1 September 2023. This annual event is now reaching its 25th year, encouraging employees and employers alike to incorporate regular walking into their daily routine.
With millions of Australians living with all types of diabetes or at risk of type 2 diabetes, there has never been a better time to get walking and start on the path to a healthier workplace and a healthier you. Walk with us to raise awareness of the importance of incorporating regular walking into your daily routine.
Regular walking can help us to stay motivated, creative and healthy for work – so step into action with us on Friday 1 September! Here are some ways you can participate whether you are working from home, or from the office:
- Use your public transport as usual, get off a few stops earlier than usual and walk the rest of the way to work.
- Park your car further away from work.
- Walk the kids to school instead of the usual school drop-off
- Take some time to go for a walk at lunchtime
- Get off your public transport a few stops earlier and walk the rest of the way home
Find out more about Walk To Work Day https://www.walk.com.au/wtw/homepage.asp